Retail Tour Supermarkets & Food concepts
An inspiring two-day tour where you can discover the latest supermarket trends and food concepts. Mainly focussing on the fresh categories (Fresh Produce in particular), convenience products and blurring.
We are going to visit many interesting supermarkets with different formats. Further to this we will be having our lunches and dinner at locations which will be in keeping with the characteristics of the tour.
A fully cared for tour including transportation, catering and accomodation in the centre of Amsterdam.
With presentation about the Dutch food retail landscape and discussions with experts.
This tour is an ideal opportunity for you to explore what is new, what the near future will bring and what opportunities are available for your business in a short space of time!
- Get inspiration on new product- and store concepts
- Discover the latest trends in Fresh Produce and get insights into the trend setting Dutch food market
- Learn to determine product range, price, quality, promotion, presentation in Fresh Produce
- Extensive discussions with store manager and Retail HQ category manager
- Learn from best practices
This two-day retail tour is going to take place on the following days:
Thursday December 14th and Friday December 15th 2023
Supermarkets and Food concepts in the region Amsterdam and Utrecht.
Starts at Schiphol Airport around 10.00 AM. Finishes at Schiphol Airport around 17.00 PM.
- Presentation regarding Dutch food retail landscape with latest NielsenIQ/IRI figures
- Store visits of the following supermarket chains:
- Albert Heijn XL (latest format), market leader
- AH to go, convenience format
- Lidl, hard discount, big winner in last years (and why?)
- Plus, independant stores, stands model for coming 10 years in Food retail
- Marqt/Eko plaza, for sustainable daily groceries
- Jumbo Food markt, experience and blurring
- and more interesting stores
- Discussions with store manager and retailer Category Manager
Catering, accomodation, transportation
- Lunches at Jumbo Foodmarkt
- Dinner at FoodHallen Amsterdam and typical dutch restaurant
Accommodation & transportation
- Overnight stay in typical Amsterdam hotel in city centre (near the canals).
- Transportation in private bus.
- In the city by public transport.
Edwin Vels and Gert Bloemendal
both 30+ year experience in Food retail
- Store management
- Category management
- Advice and support to suppliers
Because of the multinational participants everything will be held in English.
Costs and registration
€ 1.495,- per person, all-inclusive. Lunches, dinner, overnight stay including breakfast, transportation, up-to-date overview of the Dutch food retail landscape, discussions with experts all included.
€ 2.700,- for 2 people.
For registration (possible until Friday the 1th of December 2023):
Fill in the form below or email: email@example.com
phone: +31 6 2001 8888 Edwin or +31 6 8156 1173 Gert
Continuation with participation of at least 6 people in total.